Maryland Center for Computing Education (MCCE)
Supporting Maryland Computer Science Education.
Save the dates! Summer PD will be in person July 17-21 and virtual July 24-28.
Summer is coming! Administrators, counselors and educators from all over Maryland make plans to join us at the Summer Computer Science Professional Development week at Hood College in Frederick MD.
Which state is leading national efforts to improve computer science access for all students? Celebrate how far Maryland has come and recognize that this is just the first step of an important journey. Kudos to the hundreds of dedicated educators and administrators in Maryland who make this work possible! Read the first article and the follow up article on how connections and collaboration is a key to this success.
- View the current and previous Newsletters to hear about people across MD and events supporting computer science education.
- Learn more about computer science and participate in a free Praxis preparation workshop. online and in-person
- Apply for a mini-grant to support your time to participate and follow up.
- View recordings from previous IHE summits and presentations that feature Maryland teachers and programs.
- Read the RFP on the partner page to prepare for future full grant opportunities coming in 2023. Email MCCE for more information.
- Visit cs4md.com/pd to see what's available from just-in-time support, to cyber, AI, and data science.
- If you teach AP CS be sure to join a session to get yourself and your students ready for the AP exams. cs4md.com/pd
- Read more about the MCCE grant program to reward teachers who add on a CS endorsement. Free study sessions are available year-round.
- Learn more about the Maryland CS standards with the annotations giving examples, skills, and added details and the progressions that show how skills are built.
- Want to share about CS programs in Maryland with your High School students? Check out our new College Visit page.
Watch our videos:
- Webinar recordings and presentations are updated regularly.
- Giving Blind and Visually Impaired Students a Chance to Learn Computer Science // Read about their robotics program
- Maryland Computing Education Summits: higher education & video interviews and photos.
- Maryland CS Education YouTube Channel includes advice and support for remote learning, CS Praxis study support, university presentations, and more.
Get more information on our data page to view our Annual reports, goals, MLDS data, and national reports on CS Education.